by Tarla Dalal
Added to 24 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12076 times
These savory waffles will make an innovative party snack. Semolina, white flour and curd are mixed in with plenty of chopped coriander, cabbage and corn and baked in a smoky hot waffle iron or a tava. It is served hot with grated cheese! Yummy!
- Sieve the semolina and plain flour.
- Add the curds, 2 to 3 tablespoon of warm water and baking powder and mix into a batter. Keep aside.
- After about 2 hours, add the remaining ingredients.
- Pre-heat the waffle iron and pour ¾ cup of the mixture in the centre of the iron and close the lid. Bake for approx. 7 minutes, till the waffles are golden in colour.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter to make more waffles.
- Serve hot with butter and grated cheese.
- If you do not have a waffle iron, make pancakes on a tava (griddle).
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.