Semolina Uttapas with Cabbage, Rava Uttapa with Cabbage
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 30 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14172 times
Semolina Uttapa is one of the quickest options for breakfast , because it does not require a ground and fermented batter. Just mix semolina, curds and other ingredients, rest it for a few minutes, and you are ready to make spongy and crisp uttapas. Here we have perked up the quick-fix a bit, by adding some finely-chopped cabbage and coriander to the batter.
The Rava Uttapa with Cabbage has a fabulous texture and mind-blowing flavour, which will rev up your taste buds for all the treats that lie ahead in the day!
- Combine the semolina, plain flour, curds, baking powder and 1 cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well. Cover with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and ¼ cup of water and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), grease little oil, pour a ladleful of the batter and spread in a circular motion to make a 125 mm. (5") diameter thick circle.
- Pour a little oil on the top and edges, sprinkle little chilli powder evenly over it and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Turn over and cook on the other side till it turns light brown in colour.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 to make 7 more uttapas.
- Serve immediately with sambhar and coconut chutney.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.