Semiyan Upma ( How To Make Semiyan Upma)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 115 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 49814 times
This interesting recipe is a variation of the popular and common south indian recipe upma, using wheat vermicelli instead of semolina. It tastes great with freshly ground coconut chutney.
- Boil 2 cups of water in a deep pan.
- Remove from the flame, add the vermicelli, ½ tsp of oil and little salt, cover and keep aside for about 5 minutes or till the vermicelli is soft. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 1½ tsp of oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds and urad dal.
- When the mustard seeds crackle, add the onions and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame till the onions turn translucent, while stirirng continously.
- Add the vermicelli, coconut, coriander, lemon juice and little more salt if required, mix well and cook over a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring gently. Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.