Seb ki Kheer
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 39 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31502 times
Thought the only dessert you could make with apples is apple pie? Well think again! This Mughlai recipe of apples cooked with sugar, milk and raisins and flavoured with saffron, cardamom and rose water is a treat for all your senses. Rubbing the saffron with your fingertips while dissolving it in the warm water helps release more flavour and a lovely colour from it. You could also put in a few small pieces of diced apple along with the grated apple for some extra body.
- Combine the saffron and 1 tbsp of warm water in a bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Combine the apples, ¼ cup of sugar and 2 tbsp of water in a deep pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 6 to 8 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Boil the milk in a deep non-stick pan, cook on a medium flame for 25 to 30 minutes or till the milk reduces to half its quantity, while scrapping the sides occasionally.
- Add the remaining ¼ cup of sugar and raisins, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cardamom powder, saffron-water mixture, rose water and apple-sugar mixture and mix well.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside to cool.
- Once cooled, refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve chilled garnished with cardamom powder.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.