Added to 23 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 130286 times
Schezwan sauce, spicy chinese sauce use for various chinese preparation.
- In a deep pan add 1 cup of water and bring to boil
- Add the dry red chillies and garlic and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the flame allow to cool.
- Drain out the water and grind into a smooth paste using very little water if required. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or in a frying pan, add the garlic, green chillies, ginger, onions and celery and saute for a minute on a medium flame.
- Add the preparedf paste, mix well and cook for 2 minutes on a medium flame.
- Add the stock, cornflour mixture, vinegar, sugar, ajinomoto and salt, mix well and simmer till the sauce turns thicker in consistency.
- Remove from the flame and use as required.
This recipe was contributed by viranj on 31 Jan 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.