by Tarla Dalal
Added to 86 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10887 times
Make baskets well in advance.
- Mix the flour, hot oil and salt and make a semi-stiff dough by adding water.
- Knead very well. Allow to rest 30 minutes.
- Roll out into small puris and press inside a tart mould. Put another puri in another tart mould. Like that build up the layers of puris in tart moulds.
- Deep fry the stack in hot oil until crisp.
- Store the fried puris in an airtight container.
- Prepare the stuffing by heating the oil and frying the cumin seeds. When they crackle, add the ginger and green chilli and fry for a few seconds. Add the remaining ingredients. Keep the mixture hot.
- When required to serve, fill the baskets with the stuffing.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.