Saunfwale Aloo Baingan Or How To Make Potato Brinjal Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 124 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24804 times
Potatoes and brinjals are by themselves a great combo, but when flavoured with a special saunf based masala the duo gets all the more irresistible! The flavour of fennel can get very overwhelming when used in large quantities, but when used in the right proportions along with other flavouring ingredients like coriander seeds, ginger paste and chill powder, it imparts a really attractive flavour to the dish. Serve the Saunfwale Aloo Baingan hot and fresh, with a peppy garnish of finely-chopped coriander leaves, to boost its aroma and flavour much more.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, salt and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cover and cook over a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the ginger paste, garlic paste, brinjals and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cover and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder and coriander and fennel seed powder, mix well and cover and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.