Satvik Aloo ki Sabji
by Kavitha Iyengar
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21324 times
There are no onions or garlic in this simple potato curry making it the perfect 'satvik-khana'
Add your private note
Satvik Aloo ki Sabji recipe - How to make Satvik Aloo ki Sabji
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- Mash the potatoes and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander seeds powder, ginger paste and saute for more 2 minutes.
- Add the green chilies and tomatoes, mix well and saute till tomatoes turn soft.
- Add the salt and sauté for about 10 minutes, until the oil leaves the sides of the kadhai.
- Add the potatoes, mix well and add enough water to cover the mixture and boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by Kavitha Iyengar on 18 Feb 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.