by Tarla Dalal
Added to 49 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19263 times
Believed to have originated in Java, Indonesia, satay sticks typically refer to chunks of marinated meat roasted in skewers. Try this vegetarian version of the crunchy finger food. Along with peanut sauce and maybe tea, this is the perfect accompaniment for a nice movie!
- Combine all the ingredients in a pan with ½ cup of water. Mix well.
- Bring the sauce to a boil. Remove and keep aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the paneer, baby corn, capsicum and the prepared marinade and toss well.
- Arrange a piece of paneer, capsicum and baby corn on a toothpick.
- Repeat for the remaining vegetables (to make approx. 15 sticks).
- Heat the oil on a tava (griddle) and saute the satay sticks on all sides till the vegetables brown lightly (approx. 4 to 5 minutes).
- Serve hot with the peanut sauce.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.