Sarson ka Saag ( Know Your Green Leafy Vegetables )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 108 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 69492 times
A famous, indigenous recipe from north india that makes the ideal match for makai ki roti! to decrease the bitter flavour of mustard greens, cook them in boiling water for a minute before sautéing.
- Combine mustard leaves, spinach, green chillies and ginger with 1½ cups of water in a broad pan and cook on medium flame till the greens get cooked and the water dries out. Keep aside to cool.
- Blend to a coarse paste in a mixer. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil/ ghee in another pan; add the onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame till the onions turn translucent.
- Add tomatoes and cook till the mixture leaves oil.
- Add the prepared paste and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the maize flour paste, milk and salt and mix well. Simmer for another 5 minutes, while stirring continuously. Serve hot garnished with a dollop of white butter.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.