Sarson ka Saag ( Subzi)
Added to 15 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 140210 times
Simply follow the steps here and recreate the favorite sarson ka saag at home and enjoy it with makke ki roti (breads made from maize flour). The sarson ka saag is prepared from mustard greens and taste heavenly with dollops of butter added on the top.
- Chop spinach and mustard leaves,wash them and drain.
- Heat oil in the pressure cooker.
- Add drained greens, green chillies and stir.
- Add ginger and garlic.
- Add few pinches of salt and water.
- Pressure cook till done(2 whistles).
- Keep aside to cool and then blend to a coarse paste in a mixer.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add onion and saute till brown.
- Add the coarse paste,garam masala,maize flour and lemon juice.
- Stir well and cook till the oil starts to separates.
- Garnish with cheese.
- Serve hot with makki ki roti or paratha.
This recipe was contributed by vinodsharma on 04 Dec 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.