Sambhria Wali Khichdi
Added to 55 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5649 times
1)the masala can be varied according to personal tastes.
2)people refraining from rice can use dalia instead
3) this khichdi is a meal by itself
4) the no of persons that can be served may vary according to appetite .
Add your private note
Sambhria Wali Khichdi recipe - How to make Sambhria Wali Khichdi
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Wash the potatoes,brinjals well then make slits on the potatoes in a cross shape take care not to cut all the way .
- Do the same with the brinjals but leave the stalk intact .
- If you are using onions peel the outer sking and make cross slits to the onions also stuff the sambharia masala into the slits made in the brinjals , potatoes & onions. keep aside .
- Wash the rice & dal till water runs clear and soak for 5 mins
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed vessel add rice,dal turmeric powder & 3 cups of water. bring to a boil on high fire.
- Then turn to simmer and add the potatoes ,brinjals & onions.
- Let it cook on slow flame till done , do not mix , just keep an eye on the water level
- Keep on adding water till dal & rice are cooked u can chech if the potatoes are done by inserting a knife or skewer .
- Serve hot with plain curds & papad .
This recipe was contributed by k_aar on 06 Jan 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.