Salsa Dip ( Low Calorie Healthy Cooking)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 177 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 27670 times
The internationally-acclaimed dip of mexican origin is a great accompaniment for chips, dips and puris too! here is a low-calorie version of the vitamin-rich salsa dip made with minimal oil. Since it is a fresh and juicy dip made without too much oil or preservatives, it is better to use it on the same day it is prepared, or store in a fridge and use within 1-2 days.
- Put the tomatoes in hot water. After 10 minutes, remove the skin and chop.
- Pierce each capsicum with a fork and hold over the flame until the skin blackens. Remove from the heat, rub off the burnt skin and chop.
- Heat the oil and fry the onions for 1/2 minute. Add the tomato, capsicums, chilli powder and salt and cook for a few minutes.
- Serve hot.
- Health Information :
- Tomatoes and capsicums are a rich source of Vitamins A and C.
- Together, they make a wonderful low-calorie sauce for serving with baked corn chips, puris, etc.
Nutrient values Per Serving :
| 1 g|| 6.5 g|| 35 calories|| 1.1 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.