Sai Bhaji ( Home Remedies )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 187 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26850 times
This traditional Sindhi recipe is a good combination of leafy vegetables with dal which provides plenty of calcium, protein, iron and vitamin A. Relish it with steamed rice or any kind of roti.
- Combine the chana dal with 1 cup of water and pressure cook for 1 whistle. Drain the excess water and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions, potatoes, brinjals and ginger-garlic paste and sauté for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach, khatta bhaji, chawli leaves and the cooked chana dal and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow it to cool and whisk the mixture well.
- Serve hot.
- Khatta bhaji is available at most vegetable vendors.
- It looks like a smaller version of spinach leaves and the leaves are slightly sour in taste.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.