by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 322 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 257104 times
Sabudana vada, traditionally an ingredient used during fasts, sabudana is a favourite amongst Maharashtrian It lends itself to such lovely recipes, such as these vadas! The crunchy peanuts that punctuate every bite are something I look forward to in the vada! You can serve these vadas on fasting days like Janmashtami , Maha Shivratri or as Starters / Snacks for entertaining.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and shape each portion into a 50 mm. (2”) diameter flat round. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the wadas on a medium flame till they turn brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with fresh curds and green chutney
- For 1 ½ cups of soaked sago, wash ½ cup of raw sago, drain and then soak them in ¾ cup of water for 4 to 5 hours, or till they swell and turn soft.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.