Russian Salad Sandwich
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 190 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 72501 times
Russian salad sandwich is a cold sandwich that is perfect for hot summer afternoons. The chopped pineapple contrasts well with the remaining ingredients, and adds a crispy, tangy feel to the sandwich. Use freshly-crushed pepper for best flavour and aroma.
- Combine the mixed vegetables, mayonnaise, fresh cream, pineapple, potatoes, pepper and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the russian salad into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place 2 bread slices on a clean, dry surface and apply a little butter on each bread slice.
- Put 1 portion of the prepared russian salad in the centre of 1 buttered bread slice and spread it evenly using a back of the spoon.
- Cover with another buttered bread side facing downwards. Cut the sandwich into 2 triangles.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 to make 3 more sandwiches.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup and potato wafers.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.