by Tarla Dalal
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18230 times
Easy to make, yet delicious rose shaped cookies and addition of cinnamon gives an extra touch to the recipe. A delicious sweet christmas treat!
- Combine the plain flour, cornflour, sugar, cinnamon powder and baking soda in a bowl and mix well.
- Add ½ cup water gradually, mix well and whisk well to make a smooth batter of coating consistency.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and dip the rose cookie mould in the hot oil. Remove the oil, wait for a few seconds and dip half mould into the batter taking care that the mould is evenly coated with the batter.
- Dip the mould again in the hot oil and as the cookie cooks, loosen the cookies slightly suing a fork and deep fry till they turn golden brown.
- Repeat the steps to make 11 more cookies.
- Just before serving, dust the cookies with the powdered sugar evenly.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.