Roasted Bell Pepper Crostini
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 207 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11780 times
Crostini are small toasts topped with a variety of ingredients and are served as appetisers. They are native to tuscany and have several classic toppings to choose from. This one consists of caramelised peppers and olives that are bound with cheese and topped on crusty french bread. Good crusty bread is the single most essential ingredient for this recipe. This is perhaps the best crostini of all and is perfect for serving with drinks before a meal.
- Place the bread slices on a clean, dry surface and brush them with a little melted butter.
- Place the bread slices on a greased baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 4 to 5 minutes. Keep aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the capsicum, onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the sugar, chilli flakes, mixed herbs salt and pepper, mix well and cook no a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Divide the topping into 10 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a portion of the topping mixture on each baked bread slice and spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp of cheese on each topped bread slice.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.