Rich Vanilla Sponge Cake Using Eggs
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 41 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 281129 times
When it comes to baking cakes, practice makes one perfect, and the Rich Vanilla Sponge Cake Using Eggs is an ideal recipe to start off with as it is simple and useful. A vanilla sponge cake always comes in handy, as it is subtle in nature, allowing the other ingredients in the final creation – be it a fruity sauce, an elaborate decoration, or even an Indian mithai – to stand out and take the bow. Remember that when baking cakes, everything matters, right from how you fold the batter to the temperature of the oven. So, follow the instructions carefully. When folding the batter, remember to mix in only one direction.
- Sieve the plain flour and baking powder in a deep bowl and keep aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl, mix well using a spatula till smooth. Keep aside.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and mix gently with help of a spatula.
- Finally, add the plain flour mixture, vanilla essence and milk and fold gently using a spatula.
- Grease and dust a175 mm. (7") diameter cake tin and transfer the batter into it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for 30 minutes.
- Keep aside to cool slightly. Demould and use as required.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.