Rich Chocolate Sponge Cake Using Eggs ( Cakes and Pastries)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 47 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 48723 times
A perfect cake presentation relies on a perfect sponge, and here is how you can achieve such an ideal Rich Chocolate Sponge Cake using Eggs. Anything that is ‘rich’ is incomplete without oodles of butter, cream, curds, or any other dairy goodie. And, in this case, the special touch comes from the addition of ample butter, which gives the cake a pampering mouth-feel and luxuriant flavour.
- Sieve the plain flour, baking powder and cocoa powder in a deep bowl and keep aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl, mix well using a spatula till smooth. Keep aside.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and mix gently with help of a spatula.
- Finally, add the plain flour- cocoa powder mixture, vanilla essence and milk and fold gently using a spatula.
- Grease and dust a175 mm. (7") diameter cake tin and transfer the batter into it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 30 minutes.
- Keep aside to cool slightly. Demould and use as required.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.