Rice and Moong Dal Khichadi
Added to 20 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 102989 times
Rice and moong dal khichadi is one of the most popular comfort foods among indians. The rice is cooked with moong dal or dehusked green gram along with spices and served with papad or curd.
- Soak the moong dal and rice for 15 minutes.
- Heat the ghee in pressure cooker
- Add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds and allow to splutter.
- Add the asofoetida, curry leaves, green chillies and onions and saute till onions turn transluscent.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and all the masala, saute till the tomatoes are mashed.
- When ghee starts leaving sides, add the soaked rice, moong dal, water,salt and coriander and stir it well.
- Cover and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Remove from the flame, allow the steam to escape and open the lid.
- The consistency should be slightly liquidy.
- Serve hot and garnish with coriander and ghee.
This recipe was contributed by i_poornima on 08 Dec 2010
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.