Rice and Moong Dal Idli ( Low Calorie Healthy Cooking)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 378 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 51967 times
A south indian delicacy made healthy using moong dal and rice.
- Soak the rice, dal and fenugreek seeds in water for 5 to 6 hours.
- Grind the soaked ingredients in a mixer and leave the batter aside for at least 8 hours or preferably overnight.
- Thereafter, add the soda bi-carb and salt and pour a little mixture into the cavities of a small idli maker.
- Steam in a cooker for a few minutes. Repeat for the remaining mixture.
- Serve hot with chutney.
- Health Information :
- This novel combination gives idlis having a different flavour and a higher protein content.
Nutrient values Per Serving :
|Calories|| 33 calories|
|Protein|| 3 gm|
|Fat|| 0.4 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.