Rice and Masoor Dal Khichdi
Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 63417 times
Rice and masoor dal khichdi provides you complete protein. So relish it without any fear!
- Wash and drained the rice and masoor dal. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add the mustards seeds.
- When the the mustard seeds crackle add the asafoetida, curry leaves, turmeric, rice and masoor dal and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add 4 cups of water and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add all other ingredients and pressure cook on high flame for 3 whistles.
- Remove from the flame, allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve hot with a pickle of your choice.
This recipe was contributed by vaishalikamath on 09 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.