Rice and Curry Sizzler
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 392 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31197 times
The rice and curry sizzler is ideal for a monsoon night, when you yearn for a steaming hot, spicy dinner that will make you feel snug and warm. It is a sumptuous one-dish meal that you can whip up quite easily. The use of pav bhaji masala gives it a very enticing flavour despite the simple procedure. If you do not have a sizzler plate, you can serve on a hot, sterilized dish that will retain the heat for a while, but the rice and curry should be piping hot, and the arrangement should be neat and tempting!
- Heat the oil on a non-stick tava (griddle) and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the green chillies, spinach and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the rice and a little salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil on a non-stick tava (griddle), and add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, green chillies, pav bhaji masala and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the potatoes and mash using a potato masher. Mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add 2 tbsp of water, green peas, paneer, coriander and chilli powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame using a potato masher for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add another 2 tbsp of water, little more salt, mix well land cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Heat a sizzler plate over an open flame till it is red hot.
- Place the curry on the centre of the plate.
- Arrange the rice all around the plate.
- Sprinkle the oil and water mixture evenly over the plate and serve immediately with papad.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.