Rice Pakoda Kadhi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10424 times
Crispy rice dumplings simmered in yoghurt gravy.
- Put the rice in a plate and mash lightly with a potato masher.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and knead to a soft dough.
- Divide into 20 equal portions and shape each portion into a ball.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry the balls over a medium flame till they are golden brown in colour.
- Remove and drain on absorbent paper. Keep aside.
- Whisk the curds and besan together till it is smooth and no lumps remain. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When they crackle, add the asafoetida, curry leaves, onions and garlic and sauté till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the curds-besan mixture, salt and 1 cup of water and bring to boil while stirring continuously.
- Lower the flame and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Just before serving, add the rice pakodas and simmer for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.