Rice Noodles Khowsuey
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 234 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21608 times
Rice Noodles Khowsuey is a vegetarian version of the traditional Burmese delicacy. An exotic addition to your menu, the Khowsuey can be made easily and quickly with ingredients very commonly available in your kitchen! Make the spicy coconut-milk based Khowsuey sauce in advance, and keep the cooked and refreshed noodles also ready. But, for maximum appeal, add the sauce to the noodles and garnish just before serving.
- Combine the onions, garlic, ginger, roasted chana dal, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, red chillies and ¼ cup of water and blend in a mixer to a fine paste.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the prepared paste and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the sauce into 2 equal portions and keep aside.
- Immerse the rice noodles in enough hot water, cover with a lid and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Drain well and divide the noodles into 2 equal portions.
- Place 1 portion into a serving plate and pour 1 portion of the khowsuey sauce over it.
- Repeat step 3 to make 1 more serving.
- Serve immediately garnished with spring onions.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||119.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1 mg|
|Vitamin C||5 mg|
|Folic Acid||11.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.