5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12541 times
Rice nippat is a crispy fried salty snack recipe which can also be enjoyed as cocoktail starters. The rice flour based nippats are made by crushing the rice with chanandal, coconut, chillies and curry leaves and then made into flat puris. These rice nippats are deep fried and relished crispy hot with chutney as teatime snack.
- Roast peanuts and remove skin. crush along with the roasted bengal gram and keep aside.
- Sieve maida. prepare dough mixing together rice flour, maida and butter. knead well, using a little water.
- Crush together coconut gratings, chopped green chillies and curry leaves. add a few drops of asafetida water, salt and til seeds.
- To the dough add all the ingredients. mix well. shape portions of the dough into balls of gooseberry size.
- Flatten them with greased palm, on polythene paper or plantain leaf smeared with oil, into thin rounds.
- Pour oil into frying pan. heat to smoking point. deep fry nippats in hot oil till crisp, turning over once or twice.
This recipe was contributed by pink_key711 on 12 Nov 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.