Rice Kheer ( Microwave Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 103 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 46571 times
A traditional recipe very popular especially in south India, where it is made on festival days and weddings too. While the original method involves slow-cooking the rice in milk and continuing to cook till the milk thickens and turns pink, Rice Kheer with the same authentic flavour can be made easily in the microwave oven using condensed milk. Lose yourself in the rich taste of milk, and the creamy texture of the rice in it.
- Wash and drain the rice.
- Combine the rice and 1½ cups of hot water in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 8 minutes.
- Cover and keep aside for at least 10 minutes.
- Mash lightly to break the rice grains, add the milk, mix well and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Add the condensed milk and sugar, mix well and microwave on high for 2 more minutes.
- Add the cornflour-water mixture, saffron-water mixture and cardamom powder, mix well and microwave on high for 3 more minutes.
- Serve warm.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.