Rice Handbread (Appa)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 138 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14266 times
- Put 1 cup of water to boil with the salt.
- Add the flour and stir till the flour has absorbed the water. Remove from the heat.
- Knead into a soft dough with a little water as required. Divide the dough into six small balls.
- On a wooden board, sprinkle a little water. Wet the hand a little and press each ball evenly to a round, lifting it from the board to form an even round.
- Heat an earthen tava (khapri). Reduce the heat and bake a round on one side. When it leaves the sides, turn it over on the other side. As it rises, press it around the sides till it puffs like a ball.
- Remove and keep aside in a plate lined with a napkin.
- Repeat with the remaining rounds.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.