Raw banana cutlet
This recipe has been viewed 6680 times
Lemon juice can be substituted for amchur powder.
a nice tasty snack with minimum oil.
Raw bananas 2
Green chillies 2-3 or to taste
Ginger 1/2 inch piece
Pudina leaves (mint) a few
Coriander leaves a few
Oil 3 tsp
Mustard 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder 1/2 tsp
Amchur powder 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Roasted peanuts(without skin) 1/2 cup
- 1.boil the whole bananas in 3 cups of water for 15-20 mins.peel and mash.
- 2.peel and grate carrots.
- 3.finely chop the onions, green chillies and ginger.
- 4.finely chop the mint and coriander leaves.
- 5.grind the roasted peanuts into a coarse powder.
- 6.heat 1 tsp of oil in a pan, add the mustard.allow to crackle.
- 7.add the onions, green chillies, ginger and fry.
- 8.add the chilli powder, garam masala powder, amchur powder.
- 9.add the grated carrots, mint and coriander leaves. fry for 2-3 mins.
- 10.cool it and add it to the mashed bananas.
- 11.add salt to taste and mix well.
- 12.divide the mixture into 12 portions.
- 13.stuff 2 raisins each into each portion of the banana mixture.
- 14.flatten each and shape into cutlets.
- 15.coat each cutlet with the peanut powder.
- 16.heat a non stick tawa. place the cutlets.
- 17.sprinkle a little oil around each, cook over slow flame till the outside is crisp.
- 18.serve hot with sauce and chutney of your choice.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#398393 on 26 Jan 2008
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.