Raw Papaya and Cabbage Stir-fry
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 32 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17436 times
A low calorie, low sodium stir-fry to suit the Indian palate! Grated raw papaya, shredded cabbage and thinly sliced capsicum emerge as a perfect team in this recipe, complementing each other in looks, flavour and texture. Flavoured with a traditional tempering, the lip-smacking Raw Papaya and Cabbage Stir-fry is an easy and tasty way to boost vitamin A levels.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and green chilli and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the raw papaya, cabbage, capsicum, turmeric powder and salt and sauté on a high flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 54 kcal|
|Protein|| 1.5 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 7.3 gm|
|Fat|| 2.6 gm|
|Fibre|| 2.4 gm|
|Vitamin A|| 1187.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.