Raw Bananas Subzi
Added to 16 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 56088 times
Raw banana subzi is a delectable vegetable preparation with raw bananas cooked in a spiced powder. Enjoy the subzi with roti or rice.
- Steam the raw bananas for 8 minutes. Peel and grate the steamed bananas. Keep aside.
- Wash, drain and roast the sesame seeds in a kadhai until they splutter. Keep aside.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp of the oil in the kadhai and add the asafoetida, red chillies, peppercorns and urud dal, roast until the dal is pink. Keep aside.
- Grind all the roasted ingredients together, adding the roasted coconut at the end to prevent sticking.
- Heat the remaining oil in the kadhai, add the mustard seeds and let them splutter.
- Add the chana dal and curry leaves and sauté on a slow flame untill the dal turns pink.
- Add the grated banana, salt and the prepared powdered spices, mix gently for 2 minutes on a medium flame.
- Add the lemon juice (optional), mix well and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the flame.
- Serve hot garnish with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by ushasub on 01 Oct 2014
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.