Rava Green Peas Tikki
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 176 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 37539 times
The use of cooked semolina as the base instead of potatoes brings about an exciting twist to the tikki tale. Once cooked, the semolina dough is used just like mashed potatoes. It is packed with an exciting green peas stuffing and deep-fried till crisp. Since rava itself is known to impart an exciting crispness, you don’t even need a coating of bread crumbs for these tikkis. This incomparably tasty Rava Green Peas Tikki is sure to become a whopping success at the dining table!
- Boil 1 cup of water in a deep non-stick pan.
- Remove from the flame, add the semolina, ginger-green chilli paste, sugar and salt, and mix well so that no lumps remain.
- Cover with a lid and keep aside for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture into a plate and keep aside to cool slightly.
- Knead the mixture using oil to a smooth and soft dough. Cover with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough and the stuffing into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Take a portion of the dough and shape it between your palms to a 75 mm. (3”) diameter circle.
- Form a depression in the centre of the circle, place a portion of the stuffing and bring together the edges in the centre to seal the stuffing.
- Roll again while pressing gently between your palms to a 50 mm. (2”) diameter flat tikki.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 7 more tikkis.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry 3 tikkis at a time till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Repeat step 6 to make 5 more tikkis in 2 more batches.
- Serve immediately with green chutney and tomato ketchup.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.