Rava Dosa ( Idlis and Dosas)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 443 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 52792 times
Rava dosa is truly a delicacy that will make your mouth water. The addition of curds, green chillies and cumin seeds adds a bit of spice to the dosa, and makes it very appetising. You can even toss in a few peppercorns and cashews. Ensure that the batter is thin and spreads automatically.
- Mix together the rava, flour, curds and 1/2 cup of water to make a batter.
- Cover and keep aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the green chillies, cumin seeds, coconut and salt and mix well.
- Add more water to make a thin batter.
- Heat a large non-stick tava on a high flame and pour 1/2 cup of the batter while tilting the tava so that the batter forms a thin layer.
- Smear a little oil on the sides.
- When the sides brown evenly, fold over into half.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve hot.
- 1. Variation : Rava Uttapam
- 2. You can make rava uttapam with the same ingredients by using less water.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.