Rava Dosa ( How To Make Rava Dosa )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 151 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 161655 times
An easy to make counterpart of the traditional dosa! these crisp dosas are made with a batter of semolina and buttermilk. Since the batter does not have to be fermented for long, this is an ideal dish to serve the sudden guest!
- Combine the semolina, flour, curds and ½ cup of water together in a bowl and mix well to get a smooth batter.
- Cover and allow it to ferment in a warm place for at least 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the green chillies, cumin seeds, coconut, cashewnuts and salt and mix well.
- Add more water as required and mix well to a thin batter
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and sprinkle a little water on it. It should steam immediately.
- Grease it lightly with oil and wipe hard with a slice of onion or potato.
- Pour ½ cup of the batter and tilt the tava in all directions so that it forms a thin circle.
- Smear a little oil on the sides, cook till both sides are golden brown in colour and fold over to make a semi-circle.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 5 more dosas. Serve hot with fried coconut chutney and sambhar.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.