Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 41194 times
Rava Dhokla, a famous snacks of gujrati, best served with mint chutney.
- Combine all the ingredients except the fruit salt, in a bowl and mix well.
- Just before steaming, add the fruit salt and 2 tsp of water over the batter.
- When bubbles form mix gently.
- Pour the batter in a greased thali and shake clock wise to spread the batter evenly.
- Steam in a steamer for 10-15 minutes or till done. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a small pan, add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, sesame seeds, asafoetida, mix well saute on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Remove from the flame and pour the tempering over the prepared dhokla.
- Cut the dhokla into equal sieze pieces.
- Serve immediately and garnish with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by brenythakker on 10 Feb 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.