by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 31 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11115 times
Little pearl shaped creamy kofta in mouth watering and rich gravy! The gravy uses one of the most prized ingredients in Indian cooking - saffron. Also adding body to the gravy is cashew nut paste. Using a pestle is a good option in case you have a problem grinding a small quantity of Cashewnuts in a mixer.
- Combine all the ingredients, except the plain flour, in bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and shape each portion into round koftas.
- Roll each kofta in the flour so as to evenly coat them.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the koftas over a medium flame till they are golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai, add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the boiled onion paste, ginger and green chillies and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes till the mixture turns light brown in colour.
- Add the tomato purée and sauté till the mixture leaves oil.
- Add the cashewnut paste and sauté for another 3 to 4 minutes till the paste is cooked.
- Add the curds, saffron mixture, sugar, salt and some water if required and bring to boil. Keep aside.
- Arrange the koftas on a serving dish, pour the hot gravy on top and serve immediately garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per per
|Vitamin A||726.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||-0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||-0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||27.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||34.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.