Added to 22 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10769 times
The rasai muthia or muthiya is a healthy steamed dough roll (muthia)recipe prepared from mixing besan with grated vegetables like bottle gourd(lauki), cabbage and carrot. These vegetable muthia are then simmered in a curd based spicy kadhi or gravy.Muthiya is a popular vegetable and lentil delicacy in Gujarati cuisine. Low in calories and rich in fiber and nutrients, rasai muthiya is simple and quite delicious.
Add your private note
Rasai Muthia recipe - How to make Rasai Muthia
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Mix all the ingredients of muthia and knead it into a soft dough using water. mix it well. the consistency should not be very hard.
- Heat oil in pan and add mustard seeds and a pinch of hing.
- When the seeds crackle add water to it.
- Now add all the masala of the gravy and also add curd.
- Bring to boil
- Now grease your hand with oil and start rolling muthia in tiny ball shapes (like kofta)and add it to the gravy.
- Simmer for 10 minutes on medium flame by covering the pan
- Serve hot muthia with gravy
This recipe was contributed by parul_01 on 16 Jan 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.