Rajma Soup, Kidney Bean Soup Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 177 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 30160 times
This savoury soup meets your iron and protein requirement through the tasty rajma in a perfect way. On the other hand, the vitamin C from the tomatoes and lemon juice helps in the absorption of iron during digestion.
Accompany this soup with Chawli Beans and Mint Burger and Whole Wheat Spaghetti in Spinach Sauce to create an authentic mini meal.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the rajma, chilli powder, salt and 2 cups of water, mix well and pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely and blend in a mixer to a smooth purée.
- Transfer the purée into a deep non-stick pan, add ½ cup water and mix well.
- Bring to a boil and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with yellow capsicum, green capsicum, spring onions greens and tomatoes.
Nutrient values per serving
| 67 kcal|| 2.6 gm|| 9.2 gm|| 2.2 gm|| 1.1 gm|| 1.0 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.