Rajma Dhokla ( Non-fried Snacks )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 98 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28550 times
Rajma dhokla, looks appealing and tastes great! a true tempter! spinach adds an interesting colour and flavour to these nibblets, which are. Rich in calcium, vitamin a and proteins. Serve these healthy nibblets to your children and win over their hearts.
- Clean, wash and soak the rajma overnight.
- Drain the rajma and blend in a mixer adding a little water (approximately 2 tbsp of water) to make a smooth batter.
- Add the ginger-green chilli paste, sugar and salt and mix well. Keep aside.
- Just before steaming, add the fruit salt to the rajma batter and 2 tsp of water over it.
- When the bubbles form, mix gently.
- Divide the batter into 2 equal portions.
- Pour a portion of the batter immediately into a greased 175 mm. (7") diameter thali and shake the thali clockwise to spread it evenly into a thin layer.
- Steam for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Divide the spinach paste and paneer evenly into 2 equal portions and keep aside.
- Spread a portion of the spinach paste and paneer over the partly cooked rajma batter and cover and cook for another 10 minutes or till the dhoklas are firm.
- Cool slightly and cut into square pieces.
- Always use your hands while mixing the batter to break the lumps.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, spinach paste and paneer to make 1 more thali. Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.