by Tarla Dalal
Added to 392 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 258323 times
Rajma chawal is the most famous north indian delicacy made with red kidney beans cookes ina delicious gravy serverd with hot steaming rice.
- Soak the rajma in water overnight. Drain and discard the water. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pressure handi. Add the cumin seeds and cinnamon and allow them to crackle.
- Add the onions and sauté for a few minutes till they are translucent. Add the ginger and green chillies and sauté for a few more minutes.
- Add the soaked rajma, along with 3 cups of water, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt.
- Pressure cook for 4 to 5 whistles.
- When the pressure is released, add the black salt and amchur and mix well. Simmer for a few minutes and add the cooked rice to this rajma. Mix gently.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.