Rajma Channa Masala
by Aroma-Sandhya Shenoy
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11655 times
Simple recipe and delicious too. Ideally advisable to have this for lunch, as kidney beans are healthy but at the same time acidic too.
- Clean, wash and soak the rajma and channa together for 8 to 10 hours.
- Drain, add enough water and salt and pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles or till cooked.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid and drain the excess water and keep aside for cooking.
- Combine the onions and green chilli and blend in a mixer till smooth. Keep aside.
- Blend the tomatoes separately in a mixer to a smooth paste without adding water. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the ginger-garlic paste,curry leaves, asafoetida and saute for some time.
- Add the onions-green chilli paste and saute till the oil leaves the sides.
- Add the tomato puree and saute for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala,coriander and cumin seeds powder, mix well and saute for some time.
- Add the preserved water, mix well and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the cooked rajma and chana, coriander, mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the milk and mix well.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Aroma-Sandhya Shenoy on 12 Feb 2012Myself Sandhya Shenoy, yes a working lady like everyone trying her best to balance personal and prof...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.