by Tarla Dalal
Added to 580 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 30496 times
Fresh chillies pickled in mustard, salt and lemon juice. They are sure to spike up even the most boring meal.
- Wash and dry the chillies thoroughly.
- Remove the tops and slit each chilli lenghtwise. Tap to remove any excess seeds.
- Mix together the black salt, mustard powder, asafoetid, turmeric powder and oil.
- Fill this mixture into the chillies and place them in a sterilised bottle. Top with any remaioning mixture.
- Add the lemon juice and shake the bottle well.
- Store for at least 1 day before serving.
- These can be refrigerated and kept for a longer time.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.