by Tarla Dalal
Added to 132 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25168 times
- Pour each cake mixture into a well greased and dusted 175 mm. (7") diameter tin and bake in a hot oven at 200 degree c (400 degree f) for 15 minutes. The cake is ready when it leaves the sides of the tin and is springy to touch.
- Cool the cake.
- Prepare two cakes in this manner.
- Dissolve the rasberry jelly in 1 1/2 teacups of boiling water. Cool a little and put to set partially in the refrigerator.
- Repeat with the lemon jelly.
- Make small holes in each cake at intervals of about 25 mm. (1").
- Chop the pineapple slices finely. Keep aside the syrup from the can.
- Sprinkle a little of the pineapple syrup over both the cake pieces.
- Place one piece of cake in a cake tin and pour the semi-set red jelly into the holes. Repeat with the other cake using the semi-set lemon jelly. Put both the cakes to set in a refrigerator.
- Separately put the balance semi-set jellies to set in the refrigerator.
- Beat the cream with the sugar until thick.
- Dip the cake tins in hot water for a few seconds and remove from the tins.
- Spread a little sweetened cream on the top of one cake and put the other cake on top.
- Cut the balance set jellies into pieces.
- Cover the cake top fully with cream. Sprinkle pineapple pieces and the balance jelly pieces all over. If you like, sprinkle cherry pieces also.
- Chill the cake and serve after cutting into pieces.
- Variation : Rainbow Cake :
- Proceed as above using eggless sponge cake mixture, instead of fatless sponge cake mixture.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.