Added to 76 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 73768 times
Taste bhi, health bhi! Really! This sumptuous Ragi Roti is rich in calcium and protein, which are required to support our bones and maintain the cells in our body respectively. With the mild tanginess of curds, spicy notes of green chillies and the exciting crunch of grated carrots and spring onions, these rotis are also very delicious. You should be able to roll these rotis comfortably with a little flour for dusting. But, if you find it difficult, you can place the dough between two plastic sheets dusted with flour and roll, so it will be easier. Also, take care to use flat tongs as these rotis are soft and brittle, with a tendency to tear easily. Serve hot off the flame for a satiating and earthy meal!
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into soft-smooth dough, using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
- Roll out again into a circle of 100 mm. (4") diameter using a little ragi flour for rolling.
- Place the roti on a non-stick pan. Turnover in a few seconds.
- Cook the other side for a few more seconds.
- Lift the roti with a pair of flat tongs and roast over an open flame till brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining portions to make 3 more rotis.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per roti
|Energy|| 52 kcal|
|Protein|| 1.4 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 11.3 gm|
|Invisible Fat|| 0.2 gm|
|Fibre|| 2.0 gm|
|Calcium|| 64.3 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.