Ragda Pattice, Ragda Patties
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 30 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21015 times
Ragda pattice, is a chaat that is loved by one and all.
It is a filling snack made of potatoes pattice and white peas ragda served with different cutneys and finally topped with papadi and sev and garnished with coriander. . .
- Soak the safed vatana overnight or for atleast 6 to 8 hours.
- Drain the safed vatana and add 2 cups of water and pressure cook for 6 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the cooked safed vatana and sauté on a medium for 1 minute.
- Add the salt, turmeric powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder and chilli powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously using the back of your spoon.
- Add 2 tbsp of water and coriander, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally and keep aside.
- Combine the potatoes, salt, ginger-green chilli paste and cornflour in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and shape each portion into a flat round.
- Make a depression in one round, place 1 tsp hari of chutney in the depression and again shape it into a round, thick pattice.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make 7 more pattice.
- Heat and grease a non-stick tava (griddle) with ½ tsp of oil and cook all the pattice using a little oil till they turn golden brown in colour on both the sides. Keep aside.
- Place 2 prepared pattice on a serving plate and pour ¼th of the prepared ragda over it.
- Pour 1 tbsp meethi chutney, 1 tsp geeli lehsun ki chutney and 2 tsp hari chutney over it.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp onions, 1 tbsp papadi, 2 tbsp sev, ¼ tsp chilli powder and 2 tbsp coriander over it
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.