Quick Whole-Meal Brown Bread Rolls
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 276 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22034 times
- Sieve the flour. Make a well in the centre.
- Add the yeast, sugar and a little warm water.
- Wait for at least 4 to 5 minutes or until bubbles come on top.
- Add the butter and salt, mix well and make a soft dough by adding some more warm water.
- Knead the dough for 2 minutes.
- Keep under a wet cloth for 20 minutes. Knead again for 1 minute.
- Shape into small loaves and put on a well-greased baking tray
- Keep the tray in a closed cupboard for 25 minutes or until double in size.
- Bake in a hot oven at 200 degree C for 5 minutes. Then reduce the temperature to 150 degree C and bake a further 10 minutes.
- Remove from the tin and brush on top with butter.
- Serve hot in folded napkins with butter.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.