Quick Spinach Soup (know Your Green Leafy Vegetables)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 18 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17396 times
Spinach, by itself, is a multi-nutrient vegetable, making this a very desirable soup. You can use vegetable stock instead of water.
- Combine the spinach and 3 tbsp of water in a deep pan and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes or till all the water evaporates, stirring once in between.
- Cool and blend in a mixer to a smooth purée. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a deep pan, add the onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the plain flour and sauté till the flour gets a coarse grainy texture.
- Add 1½ cups of milk and 2 cups of water to the mixture and cook on a medium flame till it thickens, while stirring continuously using a whisk.
- Add the spinach purée, salt and pepper, mix well and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with ginger juliennes.
- If there is any water left after cooking spinach, do not throw it. Use the drained water along with water in the recipe.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.