Quick Rava and Vegetable Dhokla
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 968 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 58242 times
Quick Rava and Vegetable Dhoklas are delicious, healthy and easy to make too. You just need to plan 15 minutes ahead to ferment the quick-fix batter, and you are ready to go. With colourful veggies and a spongy soft finish, children will love these dhoklas; and so will the others in your family! It can be prepared easily in the morning and packed comfortably in a snack box.
- Combine the semolina, mixed vegetables, buttermilk, ginger-green chilli paste, oil and salt in a deep bowl and mix well to make a smooth batter. Cover and keep aside to ferment for atleast 15 minutes.
- Just before steaming the dhoklas, add the fruit salt and 2 tsp of water over the batter.
- When the bubbles form, mix gently and pour the batter into a greased 200 mm. (8") diameter thali.
- Steam in a steamer for 8 to 10 minutes. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a small pan, add the mustard seeds, sesame seeds and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Pour the tempering over the prepared dhokla.
- Cut into equal sized pieces and serve hot with green chutney.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.