Quick Rabri, Healthy Rabdi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 47 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24534 times
You will love this Quick Rabri over the original recipe that grandma taught you, because it does not require you to slog in the kitchen for hours.
You can prepare it within minutes to surprise even a sudden guest! This recipe smartly thickens milk with fresh bread crumbs, to give an instant rabdi that is as creamy as the authentic one.
- Remove the crusts of the bread slices and discard. Grind the bread slices in a food processor to make fresh bread crumbs and keep aside.
- Bring the milk to boil in a broad non-stick pan.
- Add the fresh bread crumbs, sugar and condensed milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for approx. 8 to 10 minutes, while stirring continuously and scrapping the sides of the pan.
- Allow it to cool completely and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
- Serve chilled garnished with cardamom powder.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 343 kcal|
|Fat|| 13.3 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.